Tuesday, July 29, 2014

homesick

This past weekend and especially today, I’ve been feeling homesick. It hasn’t even been a full month yet, and I can’t believe I’m feeling homesick already. Pastor Jason told me before I came that whenever I’m feeling homesick, I need to remind myself why I’m here and that God has called me here for this certain period of time. Some of my supporters wrote me letters of encouragement; thank you to those who wrote me a letter because it helped me so much.

I am also getting sick… high fever, headaches, and other symptoms. Please pray for my health and that this illness wouldn’t be severe!

I’ve been challenged that during my stay here as I am not called only to teach at St Paul School, but I am also called to be a light to the neighborhood and the people. Please pray that I would be intentional about every relationship from the barber to the rickshaw drivers and to the students. There are so many opportunities for me to evangelize during my stay here.


The school culture here is very different to the culture in the states. The teachers are highly respected and some of the teachers hit the students. The classrooms are very old-fashioned, traditional, and lecture style based. The way I was taught to teach at CSUN was the very opposite of this; allow student cooperation and interaction, building on prior knowledge, higher and deeper level of thinking, etc. Although the students here are already used to the traditional teaching style, I hope that I would be able to use the information I learned in college to teach the students here effectively.

One of team CRAB's last meals

Last Wednesday, we went back to Andhra Pradesh to join in a church dedication service!


#ANCfamily in India

Another great view on the rooftop of Teacher's Quarter

So we visited a local Korean restaurant. The food was bland and these chips and ramyun were overpriced!

BanChan




We also tried Baskin Robins here!

Dropping of Rebecca at the airport! It has been such an encouragement serving with her and with this group.

This is the campus I am teaching at

Another great Korean meal at BKC

This is BKC (Bangalore Korean Church)

This was a presidential banquet held at AECS (I'm still unsure what the presidential banquet was for)

My three English classes



This is a rickshaw that we ride to get to places

Fried chicken!

Morning exercise and service at AECS

Dog owner's bring their dogs in front of the school gate and let them poo on this land because it is part of public land. This is one form of persecution the school faces.

Thank you to all my supporters and to those who wrote me letters of encouragement! It helped tremendously reading them!





No comments:

Post a Comment