Sunday, July 6, 2014

home for the next nine months

Brothers and sisters,

Abe and I arrived here safely this morning at 5am! The plane ride wasn't too bad, although I had some stomach issues during my layover in London. So Pastor Abe greeted and picked us up at the airport and brought us to the place we will be staying. There are other missionaries who live here at the "Teacher's Quarters" along with Pastor Abraham. We rested and unpacked for a little then went to the service at the seminary school (AECS). There are many different campuses here that I will be serving and getting involved in, and AECS is one of them. After the service, we had lunch with some of the staff at AECS. After, we came back and napped some more. For dinner, Pastor Abe took us out for dinner to some delicious chicken place. 

Some things I learned today:
-The driving/traffic here represents a lot of their culture. The drivers are crazy here; no rules, no laws. 
-Honking is a sign of courtesy letting the people in front of them know that they will be passing them.
-You can throw trash anywhere. It felt weird to do at first, but it's actually convenient!
-There are cows roaming in the middle of the road and dogs everywhere. They say that dogs have fights over territory throughout the night, so hopefully I'll be able to sleep through that.

Prayer topics:
-To have an open heart during my nine months here in India. 
-That I will learn to love the culture and people.
-For God to mold me and teach what He wants me to learn throughout my stay.

I have a request... It would be an encouragement to know that people back home are praying for me daily. So... if your heart is willing, please let me know if you are able to keep me in your prayers daily for the nine months I am here. If so... please email me at christopherjsuh@gmail.com so that I can send you prayer requests more frequently! Thank you all for partnering with me on this mission trip.


A special thanks to all the people who came out to the airport to send us off, and to everyone else who are supporting financially and through prayer!

This is the AECS campus where we had service this morning and lunch.


This is what we had for dinner tonight. It was pretty delicious and reminded me of Mediterranean food back home.

*Sorry there aren't many pictures... I will take more pictures of the school, city, and the place where I am staying at so that you will be able to experience this with me as much as you can! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment