Monday, August 18, 2014

independence day




One of my biggest joys here is when I work with my fourth graders. During scripture time, one of my students asked if I was going to share a bible story or a parable (I usually share one each day, but for some reason, I didn't have anything planned for this day). I told him that I wasn't going to because the teacher had something else planned and he said he was sad because he said he enjoys listening to bible stories. This brought even greater joy to me because this boy isn't the most well behaved and friendliest student.

Another moment I enjoy throughout the day is during break time. During break time, students always offer some of their snacks to me and they're very adamant about sharing if I say "it's okay" or "no thank you". It's pretty awesome because I get to try a little bit of everyone's snacks...

Every time I, or any other teacher, walks into the classroom, the students rise from their seats and greet the teacher by saying "good morning, sir" or "good morning, ma'am/miss". Being greeted by the whole class is definitely one thing I will miss when I go back and teach in the states.

So this past Friday, it was India's independence day. St. Paul School held an assembly where each grade and class did a performance of a traditional Indian dance. I have many pictures from the ceremony!





























Friday night, Bryan and I went to the movie theater with Pastor Yohan's family to watch Guardians of the Galaxy

The movie theater was right next to the mall, and it reminded me of the malls back at home

For children's ministry, we helped kids make bookmarks


Weekly Korean food at BKC :)

As Bryan's last meal, Annie sgsn made us dinner!

We went bowling with David and Moses (Pastor Yohan's kids)

Bryan and I cooked Pastor Yohan and his family pasta for dinner this past week!


This is a video I sent to my church, ANC, as an update on how everything has been so far and some prayer requests. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment